I went into the race not as well trained as I should have been...especially for the swim. (my worst of the three events as is) I knew it was a tri that a lot of newcomers would be at so I had a chance of not being last! That is my only goal going into my races! Maybe I should set my goals a bit higher...
I talked a friend from AZ into going with me. It would be her first event. She did awesome! I was so glad she had a great experience and I think she is convinced now that they are fun and she will be back for more. (I promise - only try it once and you will be hooked!)
Here are a few pics...
It was so cold in the morning...We were anxious to get into the water. The temperature was warmer than the air.
Wet suits are the best!
This race could have been a bit more organized. It is the 2nd year so it can only get better from here!
Last minute, Jonni was going to have to drive my herself so my older sister Jeni decided to ride with her! It was so fun having her...We tried to get some sleep, but what is better that a night in a hotel with sisters?
I ended up taking 1st in my age group and 5th overall for the woman sprint...I was pretty excited!
4 comments:
Way to go Jacque!!! That is so great!
I just have to say one more thing- you know you have a really pretty face when you still look good in a wetsuit and swim cap. Also- Lorie's birthday is October 26th.
I still think that's so cool you got 1st place. Who does that?! Good for you - I could never be a tri girl.
I am in utter amazment. Your are so awesome.
Post a Comment