What a great race day! It started early - 5 am wake up and get to the race by 6...set up my gear and get psyched up for what is ahead. I was a bit nervous for the swim. The swim is not my strongest event and I had never before done an ocean swim - all of the what if's were driving me crazy. I decided to not do a practice swim to see what it was like. What if I did not like it? Then what. So they say go and we are off! I actually did okay! The first 5 minutes are rough trying to find your place, while getting swam over and kicked... but then I was able to get into my groove and actually felt good! This race was a 1600 m swim, 34 mile bike and a 10 mile run! It all went better that I expected and yes - as soon as the race was over, I signed up for the next one - a little longer and tougher! I am hooked!
Greg was supposed to join me but he had a bike crash a week before the race and separated his shoulder. Bummer! He was a great cheerleader and photgrapher on race day! I was glad he was there!
Here are a few pictures from the race with friends that I went with!



1 comment:
Congrats! You are so awesome and dedicated
Post a Comment