I did not grow up with any brothers so I didn't know alot about the scouting program. I married a guy who loves scouting and everything about it. He has been the scoutmaster in our area for almost 4 years now and there is no end in sight. I am glad because I would not want Jackson to have anyone else as his scoutmaster! G loves scouting and he loves the boys he works with! It is fun to watch him be so excited and prepare for his monthly campouts - with usually about 15 boys! They always have a great time! Last night was a payoff for him! He was able to award 5 of his boys the Eagle Scout award! It is the highest scouting achievement for a boy scout. He did a great job and with a little emotion presented these boys and their parents thier Eagle Awards. I am convinced that G is who he is because of what he learned and experienced while growing up in the scouting program! Here are a few pictures of why he loves scouts!

There is only one person who could possibly love it more!
Our grandpa...G comes by his love for scouting honestly!
2 comments:
I wish Greg was Calvin's scout leader! What lucky little boys!
That's funny, Tommy and I were just talking about Greg's mad scout mastering skills! We were also talking about how Tag is absolutely DOOMED if Greg gets released before he gets there. :)
Post a Comment