Saturday, December 13, 2008

Just Breathe...

My last two weeks I have repeated that over and over in my head to get me through it! It all looked so good on the calendar - like it would work out just great - and it did, but not without much stress, tiredness, advil, and work!
First there was my quick last minute trip to Utah, then Thanksgiving, Black Friday shopping, working the school holiday house, hosting Greg's family adult Christmas dinner, band and orchestra concerts, dance recitals, scout dinners, birthday parties, MARATHON, Disneyland, etc. Never mind the keeping the house clean, laundry, feeding my family and getting them to their regular lessons. (I did cancel a few to make my life easier, selfish, I know!) I promised myself that I was not getting out of bed on Wednesday. It would my day to catch up on my missed shows - Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy.

I will post a few pictures to remind me that all of these events were fun - although I had a hard time enjoying them at the time because I was worried about pulling off my tomorrow...




Annie and friends at her school orchestra concert! She is loving the violin - even got to play a few songs with the 5th graders!














I have no pictures of the Scout Dinner - make your own visual of 100 men all in their scout uniforms - need I say more? Greg was inducted into the Scoutmasters Hall of Fame! I am trying to get used to all this scout stuff - Don't know if I want to see grown men acting this way! Way to go Greg! You deserve it! You are an awesome Scoutmaster!

Here are a few pictures of my table for dinner! I pulled out my China for the first time in a few years! Everyone feels special when they get to eat on China - right?
We had a really nice time - steak and chicken kabobs, rolls, potatoes, asparagus, salad and delicious brownies with ice cream and hot fudge! This is a fun night to get together just as adults and be able to enjoy each other w/o wrestling with the kids! The tradition is to do the white elephant thing. It has become quite the quest to come up with the best white elephant and keep it clean - there have been some very questionable items. Some of our best white elephants over the years have been...
*glamour shots
*can of corn - new label "see you in the morning"
*saxophone picture - only wearing a sax "Enjoy a little sax this holiday season"
*the next year a t-shirt with the saxophone picture on it - Gary had to call and get permission.
*circle K foam cooler filled with ice and a ready to drink Diet Coke - quickly spit in to avoid any trading
*"Fillmore-Beaver" t-shirt - not sure Gary knew what he was printing
*2 fresh poopy diapers
*"slang" flash cards
*"would you rather" cards
We all get a good laugh. So fun!!!!
taking a break...will be back to write about the Marathon and Disneyland!

1 comment:

Noelle said...

The white elephant gifts are hilarious